Consett 3 – 0 Guisborough Town

Consett 3 – 0 Guisborough Town



Date Time Competition Season Attendance Captain
02/10/2021 15:00 Ebac Northern League Division 1 2021/22 455 Joe Bartliff

KO Guisborough Town F.C. Logo KO 4 27 64 68 70 76 FT

Match Report

Guisborough Town Manager Steve Bell warned things “will have to change pretty soon” after seeing his side slide to a disappointing 3-0 defeat at early league leaders Consett on Saturday.

Following the game Steve commented:  “We started the match pretty slowly and a big and inexplicable mistake gifted them an early first goal.

“Another strange piece of defending gifted them their second goal and after that against a good Consett I felt we were always up against it.

“We huffed and puffed in the second and fell further behind to a very dubious penalty but in the end Consett ran out comfortable winners really.”

Steve added:  “We are still a brand new team really and we’ve done ok in the main so far but there’s one or two things that need to change and pretty soon at that so we are working hard to try and make this change happen.”

Guisborough found themselves behind 1-0 after only four minutes when Consett appealed for a penalty when Stevie Callen appeared to be impeded in the box but the referee waved play on and Jake Orrell finished from 10 yards out.

After that early boost Consett continued to press hard on the Guisborough goal and on 27 minutes they doubled their lead when Luke Carr latched on to a long ball down the left and he crossed well for Colin Larkin to score on the half volley for 2-0.

The Priorymen started off the second half better and Consett ‘keeper Hayes had to be alert to keep out a fine effort from 20 yards out by Guisborough striker Steve Roberts on 58 minutes.

Five minutes later Guisborough midfielder JJ Bartliff got in a good effort but Hayes got down well at his near post.


But on 68 minutes Consett got their third in controversial fashion when they were awarded a penalty when Luke Carr went down in the box and he took the spot kick himself to send Guisborough ‘keeper Robert Dean the wrong way.

Consett almost scored a fourth in the 80th minute when Guisborough ‘keeper Dean denied Larkin a second goal after the Consett striker rose well to a cross from Jermaine Metz, so the score stayed at 3-0 to the home side. The attendance was an excellent 455.

Guisborough will be on the road again next week on Tuesday, 5 October when they travel to Whickham (please note earlier kick-off at 7.30pm).

Report: Bill Perfitt


RefereeAssistant Referees
Adam NicholJonathan Schofield
Richard Rowe

Past Meetings



Belle View Stadium
Belle View Stadium, Delves Lane, Consett, County Durham DH8 7BF